The Francis C Scott Charitable Trust awards over £1 million in grants every year to charities operating in Cumbria and the very north of Lancashire.
DECEMBER 2015 FLOODS – Our thoughts go out to all those affected by the recent floods right across our beneficial area of Cumbria and North Lancashire. We have made an immediate donation of £100,000 to the Cumbria Community Foundation Flood Appeal and would encourage individuals, families and charities in need to apply for funding from them.
Our core purpose is to support charitable organisations who enable young people from the most deprived areas of Cumbria/North Lancs to achieve their full potential in life.
We are particularly interested in effective approaches to addressing the needs of children, young people and young adults (up to 24 years old) in the following areas:
- victims/survivors of abuse and exploitation
- homelessness and its underlying causes
- those suffering from mental health problems
- those leaving care
- those leaving the criminal justice system
- problems of isolation experienced in rural areas
- enterprising solutions to job creation
- targeted, issues-based youthwork
- those living in poverty
Please contact us if you would like to make an application for funding support.