The Francis C Scott Charitable Trust awards over £1 million in grants every year to charities operating in Cumbria and the very north of Lancashire.
Our core purpose is to support charitable organisations who enable young people from the most deprived areas of Cumbria/North Lancs to achieve their full potential in life.
We are particularly interested in effective approaches to addressing the needs of children, young people and young adults (up to 24 years old) in the following areas:
- victims/survivors of abuse and exploitation
- homelessness and its underlying causes
- those suffering from mental health problems
- those leaving care
- those leaving the criminal justice system
- problems of isolation experienced in rural areas
- enterprising solutions to job creation
- targeted, issues-based youthwork
- those living in poverty
Please contact us if you would like to make an application for funding support.
Many thanks to Chris Batten who, after fifteen years at The Scott Trusts, has now moved on. Please note Helen Carter is the new Director as of April 2018.